Metropolitan Studies is a unit of Academic Affairs, with a mission to provide community-based research services to local, regional, and state-level clients. Off-campus partners include local governments, non-profit organizations, and community groups. The unit collaborates with research centers and departments across the University to identify graduate student and faculty resources that align with community engaged research requests. Services range from needs assessments and public policy guides to analytical modeling tools.
- Center for Applied Geographic Information Science
- Center for Transportation Policy Studies
- Chancellors Emeriti
- Charlotte Action Research Project
- Institute for Social Capital
- UNC Charlotte Urban Institute
- Women + Girls Research Alliance